I had read the weather forecast and knew a barometric pressure change was coming, so Mr. Migraine really didn’t need to come visit me in the middle of the night to fill me in…but he did. So, no What If? Wednesday today, but I thought I would share a yummy recipe before I head back to my dark bedroom. (I’ll post a Revolutions update tomorrow or Friday).
Sorry, I didn’t take a picture last night before we devoured half of it for Brad’s birthday dinner. Yes, this is a potentially decadent & fattening dish – but you can use the lowest-fat versions of the ingredients you like to cut down on the fat grams & calories (I used low-fat cheeses, light sour cream & skim milk).
3-Cheese Italian Pasta
- 8 ounces pasta (we used elbow macaroni, cuz that’s what we had)
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I recommend not from a can)
- 1 Tbs. Italian seasoning (just use your favorite – ours is store brand that has oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary & sage)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente (don’t forget to salt your water – we actually salt & pepper it – this gives your pasta better flavor!).
- While pasta is cooking…in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, stir together the ricotta cheese, sour cream, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Drain your pasta and stir it into your cheese mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup of milk. Even out the mixture and top with 1/2 to 1 cup additional mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until all of the cheese is melted and bubbly!
Enjoy & have a beautiful day!