…well not quite five full years, but close enough…
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I pray this year is full of blessings, peace and joy for you all.
Let’s not spend too long on the subject, but I feel like all I’ve done since starting my blog in 2009 is re-think, re-design, & re-launch! If you’re a blogger, maybe you can relate. Some sites fit neatly into a niche (author/or wanna-be author, mommy blog, home decor, money saving, food, DIY, crafting, fashion, beauty, photography, etc.). That just didn’t work for this particular blogger. Sure, I tried the ‘do what “they” do’ thing for a while…problem is, I’m not them. Whether I should even continue entered into the thoughts and prayers many a time as well. Obviously I’m still here, and here’s what I’ve learned about my purpose.
What I don’t want to do…
- Force content just to maintain a schedule and fill up cyberspace.
- Try to fit any kind of mold. I’m an outside the box kind of girl!
- Compare myself to others. My home, my camera & photos, my body, my life are mine to own and be thankful for.
What I want to do…
- It’s time to start writing about the allium (onion & garlic, etc.) & other food allergies. I’ve had a difficult time finding help out there and want to be a blessing to others who might be looking for help. I’m no medical expert, but I can share my personal experiences and discoveries.
- Post more recipes. This directly relates to the item above, but I won’t post it if it isn’t yummy (in my opinion), so you don’t have to be allergic to the same things I am – or anything for that matter – to enjoy them.
- Strive for content quality while posting about my passions, joys, discoveries & challenges
- Have fun, be myself & serve others!
I’ve chosen a word to focus on for 2014
As recently as 2 days ago I thought it might be something else, but some quiet time yesterday confirmed that this is the one for me! I love that it is both a noun and a verb and will be an excellent reminder for many areas of my life where I need growth and improvement. I will expand more on some of those areas throughout the year, but I’ve already seen a peek at some treasures God has in store for me (or has already provided that I need to treasure more!). I may even start a weekly or monthly one word link up here for others who might want to share.
I’d love to hear about your resolutions, goals, dreams or “one words” for 2014 in the comments below!
8 thoughts on “The Blog That Took 5 Years to Launch, Happy New Year, and One Word 2014”
Lisa, I am so happy to see you here! I get this. I’m finally spending some time paring down what I write about. Oh and the redesign? Launching another tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll stick with it for a while. Happy New Year!
Excited to see the new digs, Barbie! Thanks for dropping by 🙂
Hi Lisa…so good to see that you are blogging again. I wish I could get motivated to blog more. I used to really get into it…but haven’t written anything for quite a while now! I know I will like having you back in blog-land, since I think I enjoy reading blogs more than I do writing the posts! Ha!
People with allergies really do need to be encouraged…so that is a good thing you will be doing. AND you are such a good cook, that I am sure people will benefit from your recipes and suggestions.
Treasure is a good word. I know that I treasure YOU my sweet daughter! I am so blessed to have you in my life! Oh…and your blog design and format are very nice! You have done a great job. 🙂
I do look forward to your next post…and the one after that…and the one after that etc.
Happy Blogging…and a very Happy New Year!
I love your “What I don’t want to do” list.
And your word… it holds so much gold.
One of the best things about the first of a new year is discovering what journeys God is taking each of us on–and how He confirms it in a word.
“And your word… it holds so much gold.” Love that thought, Sandra. Thanks for stopping by!
Hello Lisa! So fun that this is my one word pick of the year as well! I’m excited to see what God shares you with about the word and how that may be so different than how that word speaks of me (or maybe not so different after all!!). Blessings!
Kim, I am following so I can see how God unfolds your meaning, too. Happy New Year!