The last time I wanted to make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, I was lazy and didn’t want to look up a recipe. So I thought I would just take my usual Chocolate Chip recipe and substitute oatmeal for some of the flour, and peanut butter for some of the butter. Well, they were okay…but they were dense, crumbly little boogers. When my daughter wanted me to make cookies today I suggested we try again (besides, adding oatmeal makes it health food, right? ha ha). This time I looked up some recipes and adapted them into this…
Better This Time Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. peanut butter (I used natural – just peanuts & salt)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pulse 1 cup of the oats in a food processor (or blender) until as fine as you want (I like about the size of wheat germ). In a bowl stir together ground oats, remaining 1/2 cup whole oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt – set aside.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and peanut butter. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and stir just until combined. (At this point you can chill the dough, but I didn’t at first, just chilled it between oven batches).
- I used a large scoop (about 3 Tbs.) to make the cookies (6 to a sheet). Flatten balls slightly with moistened fingers or bottom of glass.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes, or until just barely golden. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes; transfer to racks to cool completely.
This made 30 large (3-3 1/2-inch diameter) cookies.
Have a beautiful cookie (and a beautiful day)!
9 thoughts on “Oh Yeah, These Are Good! – Cookie Recipe”
YUM! I want some now! BUT, I guess I'll go to bed instead. I think I'll go get some brown sugar and try those babies out tomorrow. (American Idol snack!)Love you.Lynnette
Yum.U.Licious. I can not believe cookies can be made by combining ingredients!! I thought they just came in pre-made chunks out of my freezer…
Thanks for the mascara tip! I had heard previously to try the Mineral Make-up, but just haven't made it out to Panama City Beach (our nearest Ulta) to get some. It really is horrible…because I definitly like mascara…but can't stand it because my eyes water and itch everytime I wear it! I will definitely have to try it out!Thanks again!
PS – Your blog about these cookies puts bad thoughts into this dieter's head.
I cannot wait to try these! I think I will make them for our 4th of July BBQ. Thanks for a great recipe!
Oh. My. Gosh. Those look insanely good! I've got to make those as soon as possible.
These sound fantastic! What a fun blog you have. I am a newby to your blog, but found you through the M2M blogroll. Nice to meet you! I cant wait to try your recipe. I adore cookies. 🙂
i’m loving your beautiful new site. : )
these are divine. i want cookies NOW. and i haven’t even had my breakfast.
i will be making these tempting things SOON!
You remind me that I need to make these again! First it’s my week for visitor cookies at church so I have to make almost equally yummy ones for that 🙂 Thanks for checking out the new digs.